Sunday, May 20, 2007

In the Dumps

Yesterday while working security at the mall, myself and another officer came upon a guy in an overflow parking lot who had cuyt his wrist and was trying to cut it deeper with a box knife. Now, being a pastor and in ministry I understand the oppression that the enemy has. So, coming upon a situation like this I almost hate to call the police and EMS because I know that this guy is going to see a psychiatrist and get some drugs and then everyone will be happy. But, looking into this guy's eyes was scary. They were completely dialated, completely black. As I talked with him I asked him about drug use and all that and he seemed alert and oriented and stated that he wasn't on any drug or anything. I just wanted to scream, 'In the name of Jesus I command you to leave," to the enemy in this guy's life, but that's not very kosher in the law enforcement/security world and this is when I started thinking. Does it really matter if it is kosher in the world?? Surely if I am following the great commission and following the spirit's lead I will be taken care of. I think I am really starting to grasp this reckless abandon thing!1 Which I don't know if I ever would have if I weren't called to be bi-vocational. God is good and we need to make a stand for Him, not being a crazy or always doing really outrageous things, but when He speaks we need to have immediate obedience no matter what the cost. The cause of Christ is greater than any cost we will face!!!!

No comments: